November 3, 2014 (Garner, N.C.) - Butterball is proud to announce the release of its newly redesigned meal-planning app, Butterball Cookbook Plus, now for iOS and Android users. Previously only accessible on iOS devices, Butterball has completely transformed the look and feel of its top-rated cooking app to give Turketarians everywhere easy access to hundreds of recipes, tools and tips to make cooking a complete Thanksgiving feast, or a weeknight family meal, a breeze.
In addition to recipes for main dishes, salads, sides and desserts, the new Butterball Cookbook Plus app is an ideal kitchen companion. The app provides Turketarians with cooking tools like conversion charts and substitution lists, how-to videos; how-to choose the right turkey, how-to roast it and carve it, and Butterball’s helpful cooking calculator to find out just how long it takes to thaw and cook that Thanksgiving Day turkey. Additionally, the new Butterball Cookbook Plus app features nutritional information and promotional offers from Butterball and its valued partners.
“Butterball consistently searches for ways to meet consumers where they are – and that means providing relevant information to an increasingly mobile society,” said Kimberley Metts, manager of consumer promotions for Butterball, LLC. “The redesigned Butterball app now allows consumers who use a variety of different operating systems to take advantage of our turkey expertise no matter what device they use.”
Features of Butterball Cookbook Plus include:
• Hundreds of recipes: Recipes and tips for appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts are all in one place—ready for weeknight family dinners or Thanksgiving feasts.
• Easy organization: Sort by ingredient, theme, product and more. Bookmark favorites for quick and easy access.
• Simple sharing: Send recipes through Facebook and Twitter, or email recipes to friends, family and fellow turkey lovers.
• Personalization: Bookmark, rate and leave notes for how to add a personal touch.
• Eat smart: Easily access nutritional information and serving sizes.
• Save money: Enjoy frequent promotional offers from Butterball and its trusted partners!
Butterball Cookbook Plus is available now for free on the iTunes App Store and Android Market (LINK) for free for a limited time.
Headquartered in Garner, N.C., Butterball is the largest producer of turkey products in the U.S. – producing more than 1 billion pounds of turkey each year. For 60 years, the company has provided foodservice and retail products to customers and consumers around the world. As an industry leader in quality, food safety and animal well-being, the company employs numerous processes to ensure the health of flocks and implements recognized prevention measures to exceed food safety standards. Butterball products are currently distributed throughout the U.S. and in more than 45 countries. Butterball operates six processing plants located in North Carolina, Arkansas, Illinois and Missouri.
Jena Vuylsteke Williamson
Appency for Butterball Cookbook Plus